We are looking forward to a great school year. We have posted upcoming event dates on the PTA calendar, we look forward to seeing you there. PTA is always looking for new ideas/suggestions and help. If you would like to offer anything please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mayo 5k Run/Walk on Sunday October 2nd
We would like to invite you to participate in our 3rd annual 5k run/walk with kid’s 1k fun run on Sunday October 2nd 2016.
This event is to benefit the children at Dr. Leroy E. Mayo Elementary School in Holden. MA. The proceeds will go towards classroom enrichment, classroom supplies and other activities that benefit the children of the school. Please come and support the children by running or walking. Food & drinks provided!
Please see mayo5k.org for more details
2015-2016 Board Members
Get Involved in the PTA
Join our local PTA chapter
A portion of your membership directly supports our local PTA and you can take advantages of PTA membership discounts. Click here for a list of National Member Benefits.
There are many opportunities to assist the PTA. We always welcome new faces and ideas! Please see our list of PTA Committees to contact the designated committee chair if you are interested in volunteering. If you have any questions, please contact any of the PTA officers.
Below is a list of Mayo PTA committees that you can become involved in:
Book Fair - Volunteer at the Scholastic book fairs.
Craft Fair - Help set up, volunteer during the day, help break down.
Directory - Beginning of the year only. Enter student information into the Mayo directory.
Enrichments - Assist the enrichment coordinator with enrichment programs.
Family Events - Assist planning and coordinating of family activities outside of school such as Shark games at the DCU center and movie day.
Fundraising - Coordinate fundraising, collect money, orders, coordinate delivery and pick up.
Membership - Assist coordinator with encouraging membership, send necessary information to MASS PTA.
Spirit Wear - Assist coordinator with Mayo spirit wear. May involve monthly sales and/or monthly spirit wear days.
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon - Coordinate food for luncheon and volunteers.
Participate in Frequent Shopper Programs
With Tools for Schools, you earn points on behalf of your favorite school every time you shop using your AdvantEdgeCard. The points are redeemed by the school for FREE equipment. Sign up here and use code 14216
- Register your Target Red Card, and 1% of purchases will be donates to Mayo Elementary School.
- Register your Target Visa card and 1% of your Target purchases and 1/2% of other purchases will be donated to Mayo.
Enroll your cards here!
Calendar of PTA Events
Purchase your Spirit Wear
We have many items featuring our Mayo Mountain Lion mascot. Remember, every Friday is Spirit Day at Mayo. Wear your favorite Mayo shirt or just something green and white to show off your school spirit!
|Filename||Size (bytes)||Last Update|
|papaginosflyer22Sept2016.pdf||779815||Sep 14, 2016 - 08:59:17am|
|Book_donation_form.pdf||105842||May 24, 2016 - 01:20:45pm|
|march2016papaginosflyercorrection.pdf||342750||Feb 23, 2016 - 02:25:34pm|
|PTA_LEADERSHIP_NOMINATION_FORM.docx||19307||Feb 22, 2016 - 09:05:21pm|
|Family_Order_Form_10.20.15.pdf||95546||Nov 17, 2015 - 11:01:42pm|
|october2015papaginosflyer.pdf||312739||Oct 18, 2015 - 09:30:18pm|
|5kdonationletter-2015.pdf||57359||Sep 10, 2015 - 10:27:33pm|
|5K Registration Form 2015.pdf||139046||Sep 10, 2015 - 10:27:32pm|
|mayo 5kflyer2015.pdf||182683||Sep 10, 2015 - 10:23:30pm|
|april papa ginos flyer.JPG||695770||Oct 18, 2015 - 09:32:44pm|
|january papa ginos flyer.JPG||722213||Oct 18, 2015 - 09:32:45pm|
|order_forms_revised_sept_2012.pdf||107674||Dec 22, 2014 - 09:47:39pm|
|Wachusett Food Pantry Flyer.pdf||140622||Nov 07, 2014 - 10:20:48pm|
|LFE_BW_ParticipatingProducts_BW_V3_2014_09_29.pdf||4765515||Nov 07, 2014 - 12:58:20pm|
|Great Lake Gift Cards List.xlsx||20757||Nov 03, 2014 - 01:26:02pm|
|10Point_Collection_Sheet_2014_2015.pdf||394703||Nov 03, 2014 - 10:44:43am|
|1Point_Collection_Sheet_2014_2015.pdf||396516||Nov 03, 2014 - 10:44:43am|
|5Point_Collection_Sheet__2014_2015.pdf||390856||Nov 03, 2014 - 10:44:43am|
|papaginos flyer nov4.PDF||95499||Nov 02, 2014 - 04:11:52pm|
|5kdonationletter__1_.pdf||42222||Nov 02, 2014 - 03:55:14pm|
|boxtops_flyer.pdf||548051||Nov 02, 2014 - 03:55:14pm|
|Document||Meeting Date||Approved Date||Comments|
|minutes10May206pending||May 10, 2016|
|PTA_Meeting_Minutes_for_October_2015||Oct 13, 2015|
|pta_minutes_sept-2015||Sep 08, 2015||Oct 13, 2015|
About the PTA
The Mayo Parent Teacher Association exists to:
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- Raise the standards of home life.
- Secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- Bring into closer relation the home and the school , that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- Develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all the children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
A few of the things the Mayo PTA provides for our students and school are:
- Enrichments for each grade, for example museum programs, IXL on-line math membership for each child, and MCAS training
- Family events, including an ice cream social, movie nights, claytime, and Shark’s games
- Mayo school directories for each family
- Teacher support such as providing overhead classroom projectors
- Field trip transportation for each grade
Keep visiting the website for updates of upcoming events, meetings, family events, enrichments and more.
Thank you for your support!
- Our school is listed as Dr. Leroy E Mayo Elementary
- Collection sheets are preferred, as they are a great help in the counting process (but we will take them anyway they come!)
- Always include your name and grade on the sheets
- Tape is the best way to stick the Box Tops onto the sheets. PLEASE DO NOT STAPLE!
- You can make as many copies of a collection sheet as you like
- Bonus Box Top coupons (these usually have a code or say something along the lines of “3 Bonus Box Tops” or “5 Bonus Box Tops”) should not be included on a collection sheet. Please send these in a ziplock bag with your name on it.
Collection sheets are available to download. It does not matter what sheet you use throughout the year.
Thank you for your support!
Scrip Gift Card Fundraiser
Scrip is simply a word that means “substitute money” – in other words, Scrip is gift certificates from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift certificates that you buy at the store. Many popular retailers participate in our Scrip program including LL Bean, The Gap, Kohl’s, Dunkin Donuts, Panera, Red Robin and many, many others.
You’re probably asking yourself how these stores help us raise money. It’s simple—Scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift certificates to our organization at a discount. Member families like yours buy the certificates for full face value, you redeem them for full face value, and our school keeps the difference as revenue.
Example: Buy an LL Bean gift card for $100 and Mayo gets $18.00
The beauty of Scrip is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work. You earn money for our school without spending a single additional penny. Just spend your regular shopping dollars with Scrip at the stores that participate in the Scrip program! And Scrip can be used for just about any household purchase including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline and even dining out.
Gift Cards are perfect for teachers, coaches, mailman, bus driver, relatives and friends. Most people purchase gift cards during the holiday season and you can ask friends and family if they want to purchase them to support your child’s school.
How to Order
There are hundreds of retailers participating in the program. For a complete list, go to https://www.shopwithscrip.com. You can order online from the list!
Complete the order form and send in a check made payable to “Mayo PTA.”
The final deadline for orders is Thursday December 3rd.
Gift cards will be available for pick up on Thursday, December 17th before and after both holiday concerts and from 5-6pm.
We are unable to send orders via children’s backpacks.
Thank you for your support!